SOS Signs of Suicide
Second ACT: Preparing for Life Beyond High School
The Second ACT Program reinforces the signs of depression and suicide, and graduates the ACT technique (Acknowledge, Care, Tell → Acknowledge, Care, Treatment) for upperclassmen preparing to take charge of their mental health as they transition to college to work. The program includes:
- A step-by-step implementation guide and comprehensive planning materials
- An educational video (DVD and streaming video) and discussion guide for students
- Two tools to identify students in need: a validated adolescent depression screening tool and response cards that encourage help-seeking
- Newsletters for students and parents
- A one-year license for the SOS online portal that allows implementers to stream video, download and reproduce materials and engage directly with parents. Parents can access the portal to learn about youth suicide prevention, sample SOS Program videos, and take an online mental health screening on behalf of their child. To view a sample of the SOS Program, please visit https://sossignsofsuicide.org (Username: sos-sample-imp / Password: sossample).
Please Note: Although they aren’t required for program implementation, we offer comprehensive trainings for program implementers and suicide prevention champions.